One thing my husband and I recently started doing more of was mentioning what we’re thankful for, that way if there’s a trivial bump in the road it really puts things in perspective. With it being the season of giving thanks, I realized how thankful I am to be a cloth diapering mom for several reasons.
- I’m thankful I can save more money. With all the expenses of having kids, who couldn’t use a bit extra each month to put towards other necessities?
- I’m thankful to be doing my part helping the environment. With so much emphasis on being green put on the importance of future generations, I feel it would be ironic if I was raising a future generation without doing all I could to make their lives better.
- I’m thankful my daughter rarely has a diaper rash (and she is too!). It seems like disposables and diaper cream go hand I hand; luckily we’re still on our first bottle of diaper cream 22 months later…another cost-saving measure.
- I’m thankful I have choices in diapering. Pampers and Huggies have nothing on the cute colors and prints my daughter gets to wear!
- I’m thankful I don’t have to buy diapers when our second baby arrives soon. Notice I said “have to” – doesn’t mean that this cloth diaper addict won’t though.
- I’m thankful I can sell or donate cloth diapers when we’re done having children. Anyone up for buying a used disposable? Didn’t think so.
- I’m thankful I’ve changed other parents’ lives. When other moms have seen how easy cloth diapering can be, they’ve made the switch so I’m preventing even more disposables from entering the landfill.
- I’m thankful to support small businesses, especially as a SAHM of a self-employed husband. Between retailers and manufactures, the cloth diaper community is full of small business owners.
- I’m thankful to have given birth at a hospital that cloth diapers. Introducing parents to cloth diapering from day one is good all around.
- I’m thankful I don’t have to deal with blow-outs! Enough said.
Ann J. is a cloth diaper fanatic and mom to a 22-month-old girl with the cutest cloth diaper butt on the block!