Did you know that we are on Twitter almost every day and available to answer your cloth diapering questions? From customer service questions to product questions, we’re ready to Tweet with you. During the week (Monday – Friday) we are normally available via Twitter from 9am – 4pm ET. While we may be available to chat with in the evenings and weekends our families come first but we will respond to your tweets as soon as we return to our computers.
Why use Twitter? Twitter is just another tool that parents are using to connect with family, friends, and their favorite companies. With Twitter you are limited to short 140 character messages so if you are looking for quick answers Twitter can be very effective. Also, when we Tweet a message all of our fans benefit from the answer. With over 8,000 current followers that is a large audience.
- Each message on Twitter is limited to 140 characters so you must be brief in your messages.
- If you have a public account (not hidden/private) everyone on Twitter has the ability to see your Tweets. It’s best to have a public account if you want the most interaction with companies, brands, and other users.
- Use the @ symbol in front of a Twitter name to mention (or talk directly to) a specific person or brand. Mention us by using @DiaperShops (no spaces) and we’ll see your messages in our stream.
- RT is short for re-Tweet. You can RT a message that you like or find useful so that your friends will see the message even if they aren’t following the person who first Tweeted that message.
- DM is short for Direct Message. DMs are private messages between you and the other person.
- “Follow” friends, companies and anyone that seems interesting to you. Then you can see what they Tweet about in your own stream.
- Anyone can “Follow” you back if you have a public account. Otherwise you will have to approve a user before the follow you.
- # is a hashtag. If you are Tweeting about cloth diapers the most common hashtag is #clothdiapers (no spaces). If you use a hashtag in your message others searching or following that hashtag will see it. It’s a great way to follow a specific topic and is often used for Twitter Chats and Parties.
It can be fun to Tweet – especially when we talk about cloth diapers! Every Monday night there is a casual, non-formal Twitter Chat from 9-10pm ET using the #clothdiapers hashtag. We like to join this chat and help answer all of your cloth diapering questions. You’ll also see many popular cloth diapering brands, companies, and fellow bloggers on this regular chat. It’s a great time to connect with others who share your passion for cloth diapers.
Twitter Parties? Just like a Twitter Chat but with prizes!!! We’re hosting our 2ndAnnual Fluff ‘N Treat Twitter Party on October 25th with @TheEcoChic and many of our favorite sponsors. You can win a Wii Super Mario Holiday Bundle or one of many cloth diapering packages. To find out more about this party visit:http://ecochicparties.theecochic.com/2011/10/2nd-annual-diapershops-com-fluff-n-treat-fluffntreat-twitter-party-1025/
Top 10 People You Should Follow on Twitter for #clothdiapers:
- @DiaperShops (of course!)
- @KimRosas (Dirty Diaper Laundry)
To join the cloth diapering community online be sure to visit us on Facebook and Twitter. To save money on the purchase of your cloth diapers we are always offering sales and discounts on your favorite brands at our DiaperShops.com family of stores, including Kelly’s Closet.