2-bumGenius sized all-in-one diapers
Question of the week:
What do you think is the easiest diaper to use that is in your cloth diaper stash? (list brand and style of diaper and why) Leave your comment before Thursday, May 13th at 7pm EST. (You can only answer the question ONCE PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY.)
Other ways to enter:
- Head on over to our Facebook Fan page and leave a comment one of the posts in the 'Discussion tab'. Come back here and comment which post you commented on.
- Follow bumGenius on twitter. www.twitter.com/bumgenius . Come back and post a comment that you are a follower of bumGenius Diapers.
- Being a follower of our blog or subscribing to our blog, gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower.
- Commenting in other posts during the week will give you ONE EXTRA comment PER EACH comment that you make. Simply post a comment on this one saying the title of the post where you wrote your comment. So, what are you waiting for?? Participating in other posts pays off!!! You must have your Blogger profile accessible to be selected as a winner.
- Advertising the giveaway in a forum or other blog gives you ONE extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a advertising and where.
- Using our button on your blog (or starting to) gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are using it and where.
- Being a fan of our Facebook group gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a Facebook fan.
- Being a follower on Twitter gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower and your Twitter ID.
- One entry for signing up for our newsletter at Kelly's Closet. Post a comment when you sign up or if you are already signed up.
- Tweet @diapershops fluff friday @bumgenius #clothdiapers giveaway Enter at http://www.theclothdiaperwhisperer.com. Then come back and comment that you tweeted AND the exact tweet (not tweet id status).
- Tweet any unique tweet with @diapershops #clothdiapers. Cut and paste your tweet (not tweet id status) and post as a comment. You can get 1 entry for EVERY unique tweet!
- Being an affiliate of Kelly's Closet. Please post your affiliate id in your comment.
- Place an order at any DiaperShops store between 5/7-5/13. Post your order # and order date in the comments.
- Leave a product review at Kelly's Closet and return to the blog and comment which product you reviewed.
- Start a thread about our giveaway or comment on a thread that is about or giveaway on any chat room (http://www.diaperpin.com/, http://www.diaperswappers.com/, etc) . Post the name of the thread AND the url of your comment.
- You must have your Blogger profile
Have questions?? Visit our FAQ's.
How? We will draw one winner randomly with an "Online Number Generator" and will make a post with the winner on Friday, May 14th. It is the responsibility of the winner to contact us to claim their prize.
Who can participate? US Residents are welcome!
Important note about the winner: If we haven't heard from the winner by the closing time of next week's giveaway, we will choose another winner that will be published TOGETHER with next week's winner.
Good luck, and don’t forget to tell all your family and friends about the giveaway! In case that you don't win, what a better person to win than a friend of yours!!
We got so many creative submissions and we loved how you interpreted the theme "Nine" so individually. The winner this month is: Rebecca Gettel and her beautiful baby girl, born on 9-9-09 weighing 9 lbs, 13 oz. Congratulations Gettel Family!
All of our favorite "Nine" photo entries are included below:
The theme for next month's contest is: "Generations". We can't wait to see your babies with their siblings, cousins, parents or grandparents (or great-grandparents!!). Remember, a cloth diaper must be in the photo! Submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 26th
Note: By submitting a photo for this contest, you consent that Kelly's Closet and Diapershops.com has the right to use the photo of your child and his or her first name in future newsletters.
Winners! Did you miss the announcement of the winners? @dontpatthebelly took home the iPad for pre-registering for the party (we’re all jealous of you!!) @crazymamaoffive, @curllyq124, @amandamemories all took home diapers from Diaper Shops. @missigator and @mphin278 took home the Rumparooz diaper packages. Finally, @chany10 tweeted away with the Grand Prize of the evening; a nine pack of cloth diapers compliments of Diaper Shops!
Were you a top tweeter? While some of you may be new to Twitter there are other expert users who have mastered the skill of Twitter Parties. Of course @EcoMomMedia and @DiaperShops made the list but so did these fine cloth diapering lovers: @soonershauna, @laurengregory, @newwife777, @chelsealdk, @rockingreensoap, @zookeeperjess, @mummatutu, @katrinawelch.
Did you know you can go back and read all 2062 tweets from the party? Since the party moves so quickly I often miss some important stuff myself. While I know it would be nice to get all your questions answered during the party sometimes it’s more important to build relationships with fellow tweeters and the sponsors so you can go to them after the party with your specific questions. Here is a copy of the transcript for your reading pleasure. Just be sure to grab a drink; you may be here a while!
Oh yeah, and did you notice towards the end of the night we had some party crashers? That happens when you make the trending topic list with #DiaperShops. People had fun with our hashtag once they saw the word diaper in the list. While some of their tweets may have been distracting (or somewhat rude) just imagine how many people just might have seen us all having fun talking about cloth diapers and decided to research them at Diaper Shops. I always try to use times like that as teaching moments and hope that just one more person may decide to try cloth diapers because of us.
Here are some of my favorite tweets from the evening:
Regarding the effects our parties can make on the lives of others @ChristenFlowers writes “at the last party I was bummed that my daycare wouldn’t use CD, well they decided they will! Awesome Christen that’s a great accomplishment.
@Missjennabelle: WE BEAT BIEBER!!! #DiaperShops// ROCK ON! #DiaperShops
Of course I also have to share some of the humorous ones from our party crashers.
@AmbERAVAIANCHE: #DiaperShops? How has this become a trending topic.
@GaryJBusey: How come I get funny looks when I ask for a fitting room in #DiaperShops?
@P45K: f*** the shopping malls! Justin Bierber’s next tour performances will all take place in #DiaperShops
And thanks to @Rumparooz for pointing out that “some tweeters could use a diaper for their potty mouths!!” Yes, they do!
And finally, I think @greyidmom said it best with “Thank you for the party @Diapershops! *Raises her glass* Here’s to another 9 years and MORE!”
So when’s the next party? Visit Eco Mom Media for a list of Upcoming Events. Be sure to stay tuned because Diaper Shops is planning another party during the summer!
By: Calley of Eco Mom Media
These days more families are having to make the tough choice between FOOD or DIAPERS. This is especially hard towards the end of the month when funds are low and mothers must choose between paying for shelter, putting food on the table, or affording an adequate supply of diapers. Food banks and pantries do not carry diapers. Government safety net programs like WIC and Food Stamps DO NOT cover the cost of diapers or other basic hygiene supplies.
We have witnessed families struggle to meet this unmet need and the organizations we partner with all tell us this same story over and over again. Please join us in helping to keep our children safe and healthy, one diaper at a time.
Would you or your group like to host a diaper drive for one of our partners? Contact Help A Mother Out and they they can help you get started.
It’s quick and easy as 1-2-3 to donate diapers either in person or online.
* Donate supplies in person
* Donate supplies online
Want to help outside of California? Click here for information on our Diaper Bank Network.
(Reposted from http://www.helpamotherout.org/donate/)
Join Stephan from BabyKicks on the first ever BabyKicks’ Easter Diaper Hunt featuring Otto and Maya. Throughout the month of April Stephan, Otto and Maya will be crisscrossing Europe to meet local retailers, part of the BabyKicks design team as well as run a Marathon (in preparation for an upcoming 60 mile Charity Race in which BabyKicks will be participating). To celebrate the holiday and the start of spring BabyKicks invites you to participate in our Easter Diaper Hunt that will be ongoing through the end of April.
Stephan will be traveling with the BabyKicks Bumboo Pocket Diaper and the BabyKicks Organic Fitted Diaper - which we nicknamed Otto and Maya respectively – throughout the journey.
Every Monday from April 5 to May 3 the trio will post pictures on the Cloth Diaper Whisperer of themselves in front of landmarks in well known cities in which they are hiding. In addition to the pictures they will post clues to their new hiding place on the BabyKicks Facebook page during the week. If you can find out where Stephan, Otto and Maya are you have a chance to win 1 of 6 BabyKicks Easter Bags! To enter the hunt, correctly guess the city, post the location on the Cloth Diaper Whisperer Blog and a random winner will be drawn.
There will be 6 prizes in total, one prize per week for 5 weeks and one LARGE prize when Stephan, Otto and Maya return from their ventures the first week of May. Each prize will be delivered in a unique hemp Easter Bag and is guaranteed to include at least 1 Bumboo Pocket Diaper. If you enter and don’t win, your name will automatically be entered into the next week’s drawing. Winners will be announced on the BabyKicks Facebook page. And, just like the traditional Easter eggs it’s a SURPRISE, so no peeking!
The promotion starts on Monday April 5, 2010. So get your basket ready because we’re going on an Easter Diaper Hunt!
They worked hard on all the products and the design. Nora sought out to perfect the modern cloth diaper by including everything she felt was important in a diaper. The Bum Essentials Bumbino One-Size Cloth Diaper is similar to a hybrid diaper, but it was nearly a year before other "hybrid" diapers were on the market.
Following is what is special about the Bum Essentials Bumbino One-Size Cloth Diaper:
1. Not a traditional pocket diaper. Nora disliked stuffing diapers because they were too time consuming and hubby couldn't help stuff because his hands were too big. Each diaper features snap in Bum Pads which are easy to change and clean.
2. Elasticized waist. Every diaper Nora used always had a gap in the front when they were on the baby and often resulted in leaks from the top of the diaper. The elastic in the front of the Bum Essentials diaper really helps prevent leaks!
In additional to the design, the material they use is just as important for a quality product. The diaper shell is made of waterproof coated polyester to prevent wetness from seeping through. The Bum Pads are made of cotton and bamboo blends. Once style has a hint of polyester for extra softness and flexibility. Bamboo was chosen for its antibacterial qualities and superb absorption.
Their Bum Bag is made from the same material as the diapers and have many nice features such as being reversible - giving you the ability to change the colors! The bag is also thicker so there is less chance of odors or wetness escaping the bag.
A lot of thought and care was put into their products to be user friendly and economical for parents and caregivers. They want their products to be known for their quality and ease of use.
I found my support from my fabulous mom friends at spokanemamas.org. A friend I met through the group, and her sister were also considering cloth. Together we researched our options, and shared tips, and trial. Each of us found cloth love in a different way, but the experience helped us bond. I found appreciation for Blueberry one size, and my friend liked gDiapers, and Rocky Mountain diapers.
Having someone to relate with is the best support for cloth diapering and staying committed to it. In fact, I think it’s even started a movement in our group. We’ve met other moms who cloth diaper, and have even convinced some other moms to try it out. Maybe it’s not so uncommon after all.
Finding support is a great way to keeping committed to cloth, but it’s also a great way to spread the word. Next month our group is ordering a few items from Kelly's Closet and offering them as door prizes to members! Who knows, maybe our entire group will one day convert to cloth and we will have created a cloth community in our city!
If you are interested in starting a cloth diapering group, or just want to find other moms in your area, you can find or start a mom’s group on Meetup.com, CafeMom, and several others places on the web.
By Crystal H.