Eco Chic Parties is back from a few weeks vacation with a good cause – fundraising for the Real Diapers Association (RDA).
This Thursday evening (9pm ET) we will join the RDA in a fundraising twitter party to help them reach their goal of $3500 in 35 days.
TweetGrid: To be announced
Who is the Real Diaper Association? The RDA is a non-profit organization that plays a leading role in the cloth diaper movement, training and supporting grassroots advocates to lead local Real Diaper Circles, compiling and distributing research on the subject, working with the media and other businesses and organizations to increase awareness about cloth diapers, and providing direct reliable, unbiased support for consumers. They do all of this with the support of their member donors.
The RDA is celebrating their 6th anniversary on August 11th and is hoping to continue to employee their Executive Director; which has accomplished a lot over the past year in this position. Explore the archives of their blog at www.realdiaperevents.org for stories about some of their most recent accomplishments, such as:
•the launch of a cloth-diaper-friendly daycare directory and publication of a tip sheet on using cloth diapers in daycare ,
•a blog carnival focused on Real Diaper Facts that highlighted some of the most useful research out there on the benefits of cloth diapers, and
•the ongoing 100% reusable cloth diapers campaign to support people and choosing and using real diapers in any situation.
Additionally, there are 15 active Real Diaper Circles and nearly 100 volunteers in training to become Leaders across the U.S. and Canada.
In order to accomplish even more this coming year the RDA needs to continue to fund the Executive Director position and ensure that we have someone in place to push all their efforts forward.
This is the time for cloth diapers for a number of great reasons. We have all been supportive in individual advocacy, spreading the message time and again to our friends and acquaintances. By joining together we can become a bigger voice and make a larger impact.
How can you help?
1. Become a member of the Real Diaper Association today at www.realdiaperassociation.org/directory/signup.php. Individual membership is only $25 a year – that’s less than 0.06 cents a day to help this worth organization.
2. Contribute to the RDA’s Keep Our Executive Director – $3500 in 35 Days campaign on Razoo. http://www.razoo.com/story/Keep-Our-Executive-Director-1 Donations can be as little as $1.00 – every little bit will help.
3. Join the #3500in35Days Twitter Fundraising Event on Thursday, July 15th, 2010 at 9pm ET to learn more at the Real Diaper Association and help spread the word.
4. Blog, tweet, Facebook, and share the message about the RDA to everyone you know – and you too can show others that you believe We CAN Change the World – One Baby at a Time!
It wouldn’t be an Eco Chic Party without fabulous prizes would it? We have teamed up with DiaperShops.com, Rump-a-rooz, Bum Essentials, and others to bring you some fabulous cloth diaper prize packages. Prizes and details on winning will be announced soon – so check back often!
Let us know that you will be attending so you can be entered to win one of the many prizes from our sponsors. To enter visit this page: http://ecochicparties.theecochic.com./real-diaper-association-3500-in-35-days-fundraising-event/
Additional ways to win:
1. Help spread the word about the $3500 in 35 Days RDA campaign. Leave an individual comment below telling us all the ways you’ve helped spread the message. *Limit 5 extra entries per day.
2. Become a member (or renew your membership) to the RDA – and leave your name in the comments below.
3. Donate any amount to the RDAs $3500 in 35 Days RDA campaign – and leave your name in the comments below.
There’s MORE! Help the RDA reach their goal of $3500 by next weeks Eco Chic Party (July 22nd) and I will draw a Grand Prize cloth diaper package compliments of DiaperShops.com from the list of RSVPd entrants.