This week's giveaway:
2-Gro Baby Soaker Pads 2pk
What to do? Simply leave a comment telling us: What style of cloth diaper do you prefer and why (examples: pocket, all in one,all in two, fitted, prefold, hybrid) ? You should leave your comment before Thursday, December 17th at 7pm EST. (You can only comment answering this question ONCE PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY.)
What else to know? You can make ONE comment PER DAY. If you want to get more comments there are several ways to do it: Being or becoming one of our followers gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower.
- Being a follower of our blog or subscribing to our blog, gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower.
- Commenting in other posts during the week will give you ONE EXTRA comment PER EACH comment that you make. Simply post a comment on this one saying the title of the post where you wrote your comment. So, what are you waiting for?? Participating in other posts pays off!!!
- Advertising the giveaway in a forum or other blog gives you ONE extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a advertising and where.
- Using our button on your blog (or starting to) gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are using it and where.
- Being a fan of our Facebook group gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a Facebook fan.
- Being a follower on Twitter gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower and your Twitter ID.
- One entry for signing up for our newsletter at Kelly's Closet. Post a comment when you sign up or if you are already signed up.
- Tweet @diapershops fluff friday @grobaby #clothdiapers giveaway Enter at http://www.
theclothdiaperwhisperer.com/. Then come back and comment that you tweeted.
- Tweet any unique tweet with @diapershops #clothdiapers. Cut and paste your tweet and post as a comment. You can get 1 entry for EVERY tweet!
- Being an affiliate of Kelly's Closet. Please post your affiliate id in your comment.
- Place an order at any DiaperShops store between 12/11-12/17. Post your order # and order date in the comments.
- Leave a product review at Kelly's Closet and return to the blog and comment which product you reviewed.
Who can participate? US Residents are welcome!
Important note about the winner: If we haven't heard from the winner by the closing time of next week's giveaway, we will choose another winner that will be published TOGETHER with next week's winner.
Good luck, and don’t forget to tell all your family and friends about the giveaway! In case that you don't win, what a better person to win than a friend of yours!!
She will receive:
1 - GoodMama One Size Fitted Diaper (in your choice of Kelly's Closet exclusive print)
1 - Kiwi Pie One Size Fitted Diapers
1 - Thirsties Duo Diaper Wrap
This week's Twitter winner is: fancygrlnancy.
She will receive: 1-GoodMama One Size Fitted Diaper in exclusive Kelly's Closet print!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Please, contact us ASAP so we can get your winnings out to you!!!
My first fluff purchase were hand-me-down flat diapers along with a few Snappi's and Thirsties diaper covers. Initially the diapering responsibilities fell solely on me. Folding, fastening and poop scraping were not his idea of a good time! Shortly after beginning our adventures in cloth diapering our two year old decided he no longer wanted to wear diapers (I attribute this to the cloth diapers - an awesome perk by the way). Potty training alone was enough change for daddy to handle at one time. The diapers were for mommy to handle.
As I slowly researched, experimented, and bought new cloth diapering accessories, my husband warmed up to cloth diapering. Using disposable liners to help "catch" bowel movements was a HUGE improvement for him, along with the first WAHM pocket diapers I received second-hand. In fact, once we had a few pocket diapers and All-in-One's in our stash, daddy became a cloth diapering pro! Of course buying a diaper with his favorite college football team on the bum didn't hurt in winning him over either. *sweet smirk*
I'm happy to say my husband is now 100% onboard with using cloth diapers; he even hesitates to put on the occasional disposable. He changes cloth diapers at home and on the road with ease. I am so proud of him! With baby number three on the way - mommy needs all the help she can get.
“They are not that bad!” is his response today, a year later, when curious people ask about our decision to cloth diaper. While I don’t think any daddy is thrilled about diapering in general, a “not that bad” is pretty good!
By Jenney D.
It wasn’t until earlier this year when I began adding prefolds, flats and fitted diapers to my stash. I had been hesitant to try anything other than a pocket diaper, mostly because they just worked so well, and were so easy to use. The main reason I began to look into the other options is because I wanted to add some fun prints to my stash; the Kiwi Pie fitted diapers fit the bill perfectly. Although I still love my bumGenius diapers for on-the-go and at night, I am really enjoying the variety in my cloth diaper stash.
If my stash were to disappear and I had to buy a new stash I would want to start over with the following diapers: (Of course, I only have one child in diapers now instead of two, and I know my husband would never let me replace every diaper I currently own since he thinks I have too many already.)
- 3 bumGenius 3.0 - The only diaper I trust for overnight.
- 6 Smartipants - For on-the-go, and when others are caring for my sons – I just love the snaps!
- 2 Bamboo Blueberry Minkys – I just love how soft and cute they are and every cloth diapering momma deserves to splurge every once in a while!
- 1 dozen flat diapers – For the economical cloth diapering momma in me.
- 1 dozen pre fold diapers – Again, for the economical cloth diapering momma in me.
- 4 Kiwi Pie fitted diapers – I just love the cute prints!
- 3 Large Fuzzi Bunz - For when the my little guy outgrows the bumGenius 3.0's for nighttime use.
- 6 Diaper covers - Mostly Thirsties and Blueberry Coveralls because they fit my little guy so perfectly.
- 3 Superdo inserts – I haven’t found anything better for overnight protection from leaks.
- 6 Hemp inserts - For added absorbency when needed.
- 2 Snappis – I’m afraid of traditional diaper pins.
- 2 dozen cloth wipes – Why throw away disposable wipes when I can wash cloth wipes along with the diapers?
-- By Katrina W.
Today we're featuring Janet.
Janet has been the bookkeeper for Kelly’s Closet since January 2008. Her role is essential, as she diligently keeps track of the finances and addresses a variety of administrative needs for the company.
Janet is married and has two kids Jen (20) and Joe (19), one grandson Ricky (10 mos), and a cat named Kitty. Here’s a bit more about Janet:
If you were a CD brand, what would you be and why? Blueberry Minky Bamboo because they’re soft inside and out!
Favorite movie? My Best Friend’s Wedding
One product you can’t live without? Chapstick
Favorite guilty pleasure? Ice cream, especially chocolate or any flavor with chocolate chunks!
Favorite book? The romance series by Diana Gabaldon. They are about a woman who time travels back to Scotland. They contain romance (OK - lust), history, action, and language from my Scottish ancestry.
Favorite sport: Bike riding and swimming
Favorite season: Fall - warm days and cold nights are perfect!
Did you use cloth diapers for your kids? I didn’t use them with my two kids because I didn’t know anything about them when my kids were little. Cloth diapers have changed so much in the last decade.
What inspires you? Nice weather, a hot cup of tea, music, kind-hearted friends, my to-do list.
What are four words your mother would say describes you? I’m her favorite daughter.” She has mid-stage Alzheimer’s and this is one of the things she remembers to joke about. Truth is I’m her favorite daughter because I’m her only daughter!
What is the best part about working for KC? Working with Kelly Wels. She runs a top-notch operation and she’s great fun. She also provides a great working environment and lets me “spread my wings.
Approved Media (PTPA Media) has recently released their list of cloth diaper PTPA
According to the PTPA Media website, the purpose of PTPA is to provide an “objective
means to discover, appraise and promote new products designed to enrich family
living. Products range from baby clothing, toys and accessories to parent-centric
creations that enhance day to day life.”
For those who cloth diaper (or considering cloth), the comfy softness cloth diapers
provide is undeniable! However, we know all too well that choosing the right cloth
diaper for your little one can be a daunting task!
In announcing their winners, PTPA says, “There's a world of eco-friendly, reusable
diapers out there — from liners to inserts, to all-in-ones. To ﬁnd the best, we turned to
the parent testers at PTPA Media. These 12 are their favorites.”
Hopefully this list of winners will help those of you who are on the fence about which
cloth diaper to try/buy!
Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit
Take the guesswork out of cloth diapering with the Bummis Organic Cotton Diaper Kit;
complete with prefolds, diaper covers, disposable and reusable liners, and wet bag!
FuzziBunz One Size Pocket Diaper
Don’t struggle between sizes! Get the custom ﬁt your little one needs with the most adjustable
one size diaper available, the FuzziBunz One Size diaper.
AppleCheeks™ 2-Size Diapers
Your little one is the apple of your eye - why not pamper them with AppleCheeks! With the 2-
Size Envelope diaper cover you can get a trim, good looking ﬁt designed to keep your little one
bumGenius One Size Cloth Diaper
Intimidated by snaps? You don’t have to be an Einstein to ﬁgure out the bumGenius One Size
diapers. With hook and loop closures you have a cloth diaper that works for everyone. Quick.
Easy. Convenient. Genius!
Thirsties Duo Wrap
Thirsties has always been our favorite diaper cover. However, they broke the mold with their
new Duo Wrap. Not quite a “sized” diaper cover and not quite a “one size” cover- you get the
best of both worlds with the Duo Wrap!
Sandy’s Bamboo Cloth Diaper by Mother-ease
Need a maximum absorbency? Look no further;! Sandy’s Bamboo cloth diapers by Mother-
Ease can hold 15 ounces (that’s nearly 2 full cups), making this an ideal diaper for your little
gDiapers = Green Diapers! gDiapers offer a ﬂexible, modern, eco-friendly alternative to
traditional disposable diapers. The convenience of disposable diapers coupled with the
reusability of cloth diaper covers, with gDiapers you get the best of both worlds. (gCloth also
available for those who don’t want to use the disposable options).
Pediatrician Dr. Jim Sears says that 7,000 diapers go into landfills per child. He says is wasn't that bad to do and admits that he cloth diapered his first child too! (Dr. Sears is top doc in our books!).
Dr. Sears demonstrated how Smartipants works by opening the diaper, pulling out the pocket insert, and showing how easily solids flick off into the toilet.
Dr. Lisa Masterson said she tried cloth diapers and, "You just have buckets of crap everywhere." She probably hasn't had the opportunity to use Smartipants or other modern cloth diaper options - as she is referring to the struggles of cloth diapering of year's past.
You can view the feature online at http://thedoctorstv.com/main/