This week's giveaway is for :
1-Smartipants One Size Smart Start 3pk (includes 3-Smartipants Diapers and 3-Smart Sleeve Inserts (given by DiaperShops.com)
What to do? Simply leave a comment telling us If you can choose a new color or print for Smartipants what would you suggest? You should leave your comment before Thursday, Sept. 3rd at 8pm EDT.
What else to know? You can make ONE comment PER DAY. If you want to get more comments there are several ways to do it: Being or becoming one of our followers gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower.
- Being a subscriber of our blog or subscribing to our blog, gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower.
- Commenting in other posts during the week will give you ONE EXTRA comment PER EACH comment that you make. Simply post a comment on this one saying the title of the post where you wrote your comment. So, what are you waiting for?? Participating in other posts pays off!!!
- Advertising the giveaway in a forum or other blog gives you ONE extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a advertising and where.
- Using our button on your blog (or starting to) gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are using it and where.
- Being a fan of our Facebook group gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a Facebook fan.
- Being a follower on Twitter gives you one extra comment PER GIVEAWAY, NOT PER DAY. Simply post a comment saying that you are a follower and your Twitter ID.
- One entry for signing up for our newsletter at Kelly's Closet. Post a comment when you sign up or if you are already signed up.
- Being an affiliate of Kelly's Closet. Please post your affiliate id/link in your comment.
Have questions?? Visit our FAQ's.
How? We will draw one winner randomly with an "Online Number Generator" and will make a post with the winner on Friday, September 4th. It is the responsibility of the winner to contact us to claim their prize.
Who can participate? US Residents are welcome!
Important note about the winner: If we haven't heard from the winner by the closing time of next week's giveaway, we will choose another winner that will be published TOGETHER with next week's winner.
Good luck, and don’t forget to tell all your family and friends about the giveaway! In case that you don't win, what a better person to win than a friend of yours!!
I’ve listed my likes and dislikes, as well as a summary, based on my own experiences with these diapers.
- Likes: strong aplix, good fit, soft fleece, easy to clean, comes out of the wash looking brand new, sizing will last as my daughter grows, not too bulky, easy to stuff, Velcro can overlap for snug fit
- Dislikes: leaked once (very early on, could have been user error), sometimes insert can stick out of the back
- Likes: very soft fleece, cleans easily, doesn’t hold stains, fluffs right up with washing, easy to stuff, no leaks, snug fit if you can get it right
- Dislikes: snap positionings are tough for the right fit, bulkiest diaper in my stash
Bum Genius One Size Pocket Diapers:
- Likes: trim, easy to use, goes on easily (much like a disposable), insert is tucked away nicely, colors are beautiful, never a leak, use it overnight with a doubler with no leaks
- Dislikes: the pocket flap that I love for keeping the insert is tough when using my diaper sprayer: the poop can get caught in the pocket and water builds up in the flap, the aplix tab can be scratchy and the aplix is starting to get slightly frayed so can see where they might not wear very well over time.
Bum Genius One Size Organic All-In-One:
- Likes: very trim, the ease of AIO, just grab and go, organic, easy to clean, drying time not a big deal to me
- Dislikes: moisture stays close to her skin
-- By Jennifer G.
We are excited to announce that Smartipants One Size reusable cloth diapers have arrived at DiaperShops. If you aren't familiar with this "smart" cloth diaper please read our product focus we did a few weeks ago.
We are the first retailer in the world to offer Smartipants! We feel so confident that you will fall in love with this diaper. In a nutshell the Smartipants one size cloth diaper was invented by Jessica- the designer and inventor of the first one size cloth diaper. Her initial invention and idea sparked the one size cloth diaper revolution!
A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of visiting the Smartipants facility on the west coast. We took our 1 year old son Riley on the trip- and yes - we used Smartipants while we were there! We wanted to see first hand how this new "smart" diaper was made. We arrived at the facility and were greeted by some of the Smartipants team, including Jessica and Josh. We toured two facilities and were truly impressed.
First of all the product is Made in the USA! With the state of the economy it is so nice to see that jobs are being kept here in the USA with the production of Smartipants. Yes- even the inserts are made in the USA (most inserts are made in China). Secondly, both facilities were impeccably neat and clean and working conditions were tip top. Third- their employees get paid fair wages. Fourth- we actually saw the diaper made from start to finish. They use new, state of the art equipment and experienced sewers. Personally, I am not a sewer (can't even sew a button on a shirt-LOL!) but I could see that great detail and effort was/is put into every single diaper.
I personally use Smartipants on Riley (my 14 month old). My favorite feature is their smart sleeve. On wash day there is no need to pull the insert out of the diaper. Just toss the entire system in the wash. No laundry tabs to fold over and no insert to pull out. Super easy!
We are also thrilled to offer Smartipants because of its very reasonable pricing. You can get a Smartipants one size diaper and insert for as low as $13.32 per diaper/insert when you purchase 3 or more.
Smartipants is the "smart" choice. Smart for your baby, smart for your wallet, smart for the environment!
For a limited time we have a free shipping coupon available for Smartipants. With discount code SMART you can receive FREE shipping on your entire order if you purchase a Smartipants Smart Start 3pk. (Offer expires Aug.30th, midnight,est) Limit 1 coupon code per order.
Once we reach 1000 followers on our blog we will give away 6-Smartipants diapers and 6-Smart Sleeve Inserts. If you are already a follower of our blog you are automatically entered. If you are not a follower go to the right side of our blog. Under "Cloth Diaper Lovers" you will see an icon called "Follow". Click on the icon to sign up. It's that easy!
Have fun "smart" diapering!
With fluffy regards,
Kelly - aka "The Cloth Diaper Whisperer"
“Um, in my washer,” she replied?“Yes”, I said, knowing that I had to talk fast to convince her, and that this conversation might ultimately lead to my packing a four-day supply of cloth diapers and laundering every diaper I owned upon my return home.
“I have my own laundry bag, detergent, everything.” Knowing that these material things were really not the issue I brazenly rushed forward. “Breast milk poop is water soluble, so its perfectly safe in the washer. Environmentally friendly and no messes.““Really,” she asked, sounding slightly more interested? “It’s water soluble?”
“Yes,” I explained. “So no need for diapers to go in a landfill. “Oh,” I said, (and I admit this may have been somewhat manipulative) “I just got some adorable new diaper covers. I think she needs a few more sundresses to match. Maybe we can shop for some together while I’m in town?”“Shopping, really?” I could hear the enthusiasm in her voice. Shopping is one of the bases of our relationship, after all. We lived across the hall from each other freshman year and discovered that our love for shopping, along with similar tastes and sizes gave us each an extra wardrobe. She quickly replied “Oh, I’ll help you find the cutest little dresses to match. And it’s no problem for you to wash your diapers here. “
My friend is not shallow, but cloth diapers are not the norm as they were for earlier generations. Inundated by commercials, price-war advertising and the image of those white Luvs or Pampers running all over the backyards of America, our society has somehow come to see disposable diapers as just part of having a baby. Cloth sounds foreign, and even less sanitary, when you consider that the disposable diapers and wipes disappear neatly into plastic bags that someone else takes away each week. So, if an opportunity to shop was a way in which I could help my friend accept cloth diapers as the natural, most healthful and sanitary way of life for a baby: so be it. (Plus, I really did want to shop…)When the actual weekend arrived, we were so busy having a great time together that the topic of washing the diapers rarely even came up. But my friend did get to feel the soft organic prefolds and declared them “absolutely divine for a baby’s bottom” and she did get to see what cute accessories great cloth diaper covers and wetbags can be. And if that gets us one more cloth convert, how can it be wrong?
1. Do make arrangements beforehand to wash the diapers at your host’s home
3. Do ask politely before laundering your own diapers so as not to interfere with your host’s laundry schedule.4. Keep your laundry separated from your host’s and in appropriate wetbags, waterproof liners, etc.
Do not:1. Do not volunteer more information than they may want to know (for example, I would proudly boast: “Oh, the diapers can go right in the washer because breast-milk poop is water soluble.” While this is true, some friends don’t necessarily want to know)
2. Do not challenge your hosts if they say you’d prefer not to have your diapers washed in their facilities- if the matter is of great importance stay with another friend or in a hotel with laundry facilities .And regardless of the outcome, smile graciously and carry a big wetbag.
-- By Tawnya S.
Nicole Donnelly, then a stay-at-home mom, created BabyLegs® to keep her dear daughter, Sara’s, little legs warm, while she was diaper free to allow bad rashes to heal. This impromptu invention not only allowed Sara’s rash to heal, but also protected her from many elements, made diaper changes quick and easy, kept her knees protected while crawling, and provided sun protection. Beyond all of these benefits, the leg warmers were also very fashionable. After numerous inquiries from other moms about where Donnelly found the little leg warmers, she began selling her invention out of a diaper bag! Now, BabyLegs® can now be found in over 50 countries from Israel to Chile to Iceland.
BabyLegs® are made from a variety of materials ranging from lusciously soft to organic for those who prefer natural fabrics:
- SuperSoft –100% Polyester
- Original – 80% Cotton, 15% Polyester, 5% Spandex
- Organic Cotton BabyLegs – 80% Organic Cotton, 15% Polyester, 5% Spandex
- Vermont Organic Wool BabyLegs – 88% Natural Organic Wool, 11% Nylon, 1% Lycra *LYCRA is a registered trademark of INVISTA
- Vermont Organic Cotton BabyLegs - 87% Natural Organic Cotton, 12% Nylon, 1% Lycra * LYCRA is a registered trademark of INVISTA
That is our rash to riches story – we hope you enjoy our sweet BabyLegs®.
If he’s already done his big messy diaper for the day, I will move right on to my current favorite diaper…my Kiwi Pie Fitteds. I love the cute patterns, and the terrific fit they give me on my skinny little man. Since he is a rather heavy wetter, I usually double up the diaper with an additional insert between the diaper and the cover. Right now I have Kissaluvs Diaper Doublers, bumGenius Stay Dry Diaper Doublers, and Thirsties Fab Doublers, but I’m anxious to add some bamboo doublers to my stash due to their incredible absorbency. I finish up the diaper change with a waterproof cover, my current favorite being Thirsties and Wonder Wraps. My only wish is that they came in snaps – my little guy has become quite good at unhooking the Velcro – even when it’s concealed underneath his clothing! As soon as I can add more to my stash, I plan on trying a Blueberry One-Size Coverall – I love the cute patterns and the fact that they are available in snaps.
Another frequent go to diaper for daytime, as well as afternoon naps, are my Birdseye Cotton flat diapers. I have been folding one in the traditional style, and then adding a second one folded up as a doubler in the center of the diaper. I then lay it in the diaper cover and put it on Brendan. Sometimes I use a snappi, but most days my little guy can’t lay still during diaper changes, so I usually just skip that step.
At night time, I use my bumGenius 3.0’s exclusively. I stuff them with a Super Do Insert and we’re ready to go for 12 hours without leaks. I first purchased these inserts for use with my 3 year old for nighttime, but now that he’s night time trained, I have switched them to my youngest son’s night time diaper. I was hesitant at first due to the cost per insert, but as soon as I tried the first one, I bought two more right away. They are by far the best night time insert and worth every dollar.
-- by Katrina