It wasn’t until earlier this year when I began adding prefolds, flats and fitted diapers to my stash. I had been hesitant to try anything other than a pocket diaper, mostly because they just worked so well, and were so easy to use. The main reason I began to look into the other options is because I wanted to add some fun prints to my stash; the Kiwi Pie fitted diapers fit the bill perfectly. Although I still love my bumGenius diapers for on-the-go and at night, I am really enjoying the variety in my cloth diaper stash.
If my stash were to disappear and I had to buy a new stash I would want to start over with the following diapers: (Of course, I only have one child in diapers now instead of two, and I know my husband would never let me replace every diaper I currently own since he thinks I have too many already.)
- 3 bumGenius 3.0 - The only diaper I trust for overnight.
- 6 Smartipants - For on-the-go, and when others are caring for my sons – I just love the snaps!
- 2 Bamboo Blueberry Minkys – I just love how soft and cute they are and every cloth diapering momma deserves to splurge every once in a while!
- 1 dozen flat diapers – For the economical cloth diapering momma in me.
- 1 dozen pre fold diapers – Again, for the economical cloth diapering momma in me.
- 4 Kiwi Pie fitted diapers – I just love the cute prints!
- 3 Large Fuzzi Bunz - For when the my little guy outgrows the bumGenius 3.0's for nighttime use.
- 6 Diaper covers - Mostly Thirsties and Blueberry Coveralls because they fit my little guy so perfectly.
- 3 Superdo inserts – I haven’t found anything better for overnight protection from leaks.
- 6 Hemp inserts - For added absorbency when needed.
- 2 Snappis – I’m afraid of traditional diaper pins.
- 2 dozen cloth wipes – Why throw away disposable wipes when I can wash cloth wipes along with the diapers?
-- By Katrina W.