Although I have been using cloth diapers since the day we came home from the hospital with our daughter, I gave up the diaper service and bought our own stash 10 months ago. With the holidays I thought I would reflect back on the top 10 things about cloth diapering that I am thankful for. In no particular order...
1. Thankful for the hundreds of dollars I have saved by using cloth
2. Thankful for being able to say my daughter has never had a diaper rash - most likely due to our wonderful cloth diapers
3. Thankful that cloth diapering allows me to be "green" in some way
4. Thankful that I don't have to worry about the possible detriments of chemical-filled diapers touching my baby all day
5. Thankful that I will never again be stuck at home in a snowstorm without any diapers since I wash my own(it happened last winter -an incident which helped inspire my decision to switch to my own cloth stash!).
6. Thankful that my little girl can have the cutest bum around due to the many adorable cloth diaper options out there!
7. Thankful that since we use diapers with snaps, I don't have to worry about my daughter tearing her diaper off like friends who use 'sposies on their kids.
8. Thankful that using cloth has allowed me the chance share the joys of cloth diapers with others (and convert a few friends along the way)!
9. Thankful that we don't have to deal with blow-outs, because cloth diapers hold everything in!
10. Thankful for the friends I have made as I have met other cloth diapering mamas out there!
By. Anna H.