The Real Diaper Association’s Real Diapers, Real Babies Photo Contest (announced here previously) was a huge success! There were over 160 entries of beautiful babies in cloth diapers. Entries were posted to the RDA blog, where people lobbied hard for their photos! RDA members selected the twelve winners, who will appear in the 2010 RDA Calendar. The calendar will go on sale to the public via RDA’s Café Press store in October at http://www.cafepress.com/rdassociation. Proceeds from sales of the calendar (which would make a great gift!) will help RDA in their mission to get more babies into cloth diapers.
Our grand prize winning photograph (by Jennifer H.) featured a baby playing on the beach by the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan. Jennifer was excited to receive a $150 gift certificate from diapershops.com (our Grand Prize Sponsor) as she is hoping to upgrade her stash! The two runners-up received $50 gift certificates from Babies in Bloom and Mama Momo.
Some interesting notes about the winning pictures:
- 8 featured boys, 4 featured girls.
- Half the photos were taken inside and half were taken outside.
- 4 of the pictures featured props – a wagon, a toy fire engine, a mobile, and fishing gear/boat.
- 1 picture featured siblings.
- 2 pictures showed babies in prefolds and covers. Those same two featured newborns.
- 2 babies wore hats in their photos.
- 4 pictures included water – a big lake, a little lake, a waterfall, and an ocean.
- 7 babies wore solid color diapers, 5 babies wore prints.
- ALL of the babies looked happy and comfortable in their real diapers!
Thanks to all who submitted photos and thanks especially to all of our sponsors who made the contest and calendar possible!
Real Diapers for Real Babies. The Real Diaper Association … creating a cultural shift to increase the use of simple, reusable cloth diapers.