We have a Whirlpool Duet HE washing machine. Here is our cloth diaper washing routine:
– Diapers are stored in a wetbag
– Wash usually every three days
– Everything is washed together- wipes, inserts, covers, pockets, wetbags
– 1 regular wash cycle on COLD with no detergent…56 min
– 1 regular wash on HOT with 1/4 scoop of Country Save and an extra rinse…70 min
– As long as it is not raining, the diapers are hung outside to dry. If it is raining or especially windy, the diapers dry on the rack in the laundry room.
– Wipes, prefolds and liners are usually put in the dryer for 20 minutes
All of my diapers smell fresh when I take them out of the washer and they remain stain free with the sun’s help!
– by Elizabeth S.