1) Your family will save almost $2500+ per child vs using disposables. The average family spends $2,694.54 for 7,349 disposable, single-use diapers. *1
2) Your family will NOT produce 1 ton of waste that would go into landfills. It is estimated that 10,000 tons of disposable diapers are added to landfills EVERY day. *2
3) Your baby will have less diaper rash.
4) Your baby won't be exposed to sodium polyacralate (the shiny crystals in the diaper that can stick to babies skin causing skin reactions) *3
5) Your family doesn't have to put 1-2 bags of disposable diaper trash out on the curb for trash day.
6) Using cloth diapers vs using disposable diapers will reduce your babies chances of getting asthma. The Archives of Environmental Health tested 6 leading cloth diapers and 6 leading disposable diapers and discovered that the emissions from one disposable diaper were high enough to produce asthma-like symptoms in mice.*4
7) Your family is reducing their carbon footprint by using cloth diapers. The manufacturing of disposables takes over 1 million metric tons of wood pulp and 75,000+ of metric tons of plastic each year. *5
8) Using cloth diapers will help facilitate quicker potty training. During potty training time children who have been in cloth will recognize sooner when they are wet vs a baby in disposable diapers.
9) Cloth Diapers are just as easy to use as disposables. With the modern age of cloth diapers and brand such as bumGenius and Fuzzi Bunz there are now options that are much, much easier than 30 years ago!
10) No more trips to the store late at night when you are out of disposables. Just pop a load into the machine and you have instant diapers. Just think of the gas savings! NO more trips to the store!
- By Kelly